Below are a few questions that are often asked.
What can be expected?
What you should expect is ………
● An experienced, qualified, professional therapist bound by a Code of Ethics who will work with you as an individual and not a set of symptoms.
● Complete confidentiality.
● A good working environment.
● An honest, realistic, professional working relationship.
● Support to bring about change.
What about the initial consultation?
The initial consultation allows you to meet with the therapist and ask any questions you may have.
It's an opportunity to talk confidentially and openly about how your issues are affecting you and plan for the future.
It’s a time to discuss how you and your therapist might work together in order to bring about the desired changes.
Most people pay at the time of each session.
How many sessions will I need?
Realistically this depends on what you want to work on, your motivation and how you feel comfortable working.
Short term therapy, focusing on specific issues, is often highly effective with 2 sessions, although 2-
Some however prefer to work at a more gradual pace, giving themselves more time to absorb the changes and this can be easily arranged.
How long are the sessions?
Sessions usually last for 50 minutes.